Friday, June 22, 2007

be on time or be left behind


i almost missed my flight home from LA. which would really not be a bad thing actually, cos i'm already fucking missing california and my twit sister.
major pangseh by super shuttle fuckers and the famous major uber crazy los angeles rush hour jam doesn't make yu feel too good when its 530, yur flight is at 915, but yu dont know how the fuck yu gonna get there.
but thank God for people's taxi, and carpool lanes. i love carpool lanes. it just makes me wanna flash my middle finger and hold up a 'see ya suckers' sign to those losers stuck in the huge jam. HAHA.

this near miss reminds me of philly 3 years ago, when there was a major jam from jersey to newark. which resulted in us really nearly missing our flight home and me peeing in the middle of the fucking highway. my gift to america :)

-

previously, americans used to think singapore is a paddy field in china.
but they have a new updated version now.

taxi driver: so where yu guys from
me: singapore
taxi driver: no, i mean like city, yu know. like south korea?
me: no, not south korea. singapore
taxi driver: OH! south pole?
me: WTF?!?!?

-

anyways, california was great.

from the san francisco trolleys to shamu in san diego and meeting up with xinyi in beautiful la jolla to the freeway shootings of los angeles.

yes, FREEWAY SHOOTINGS! 2 freeway shootings on the same highway in just 1 week! isn't LA awesome. it used to be drive-by shootings, but now upgraded already. bam, shoot the chappy dead on the freeway, the car go mad and out of control and smash into other cars and the highway divide. UBER. straight out of the movies or GTA man.

daym. i miss the weather, the palm trees (my obsession. i have like a million photos of purely palm trees), the slopes of san francisco that give yu breathtaking views of the city (but not the evil slopes of san diego that give yu claudication), navigating those slopes while hanging out of a cable car, the beautiful double bridges of san fran: 1 silver 1 gold, the smeally sea lions and seals, the san diego sun that is almost completely responsible for my burn tan, seaworld!, the beautiful beaches with awesome surfing waves, the san gabriel mountains in the background that my sister's friend thought was an elaborate backdrop hahaha, the glitz and glamour feel of hollywood and the uber residential areas with no pavements so nobody is allowed to walk in the neighbourhood, poking my head around trying to spot a twiggy celebrity on rodeo drive, the fantastic american shopping (some summer sale), the uber food (in-n-out burger!! IHOP!!)...
its never ending.
i just miss that california vibe and the general feel of a holiday.
oh, and of course, my rocket scientist sis.
I MISS YU ALREADY LITTLE TWIT!

-

i can't sleep cos its 10am in california now!
photos soon, once i get them from my twit sis.
probably take 1 year, cos of the millions of palm tree photos :)

No comments: